Tuesday, February 15, 2011

T minus- um...

Although I'm not sure exactly when I'll get started, I'm really excited about painting 40k miniatures.  I want to record my progress, ups, downs, victories and horrible horrible messes so that aspiring forty-k-ers (or whatever they call themselves) will have either an example of how to begin a multi-million dollar miniature painting business from scratch or a dire warning to spend their money on something less time-consuming (or something in between).

NOTE:  I have read up on a few different forums as well as the Games Workshop site, and I know a few basics.  The title of this blog is the first question I ever dove into the forums to have answered, and I liked what I found.  I am really excited about painting and "converting" the miniatures to make them personal and cool.

OK, so.  For starters, here's my plan:
  • Start with some Space Marines (because I like the way they look, they are customizable, and are hopefully easy to paint).  I want to get a good little force for as little money as possible.  And at least one Dreadnought.
  • I've considered getting Black Reach for myself and trying to paint both the Orks and the SM just to see which I like better... hmmm...
  • Get some paint (and brushes and ink washes, of course).  Just the basics for the color schemes I have in mind.
  • Hopefully get into the Tau.  I really like how they look, but not being very customizable is sort of a turn off...  We'll see.
As soon as I finally buy something I'll post some pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment